The Australian College of Relationship Counsellors officially commenced operating from 1 July 2016, however the College is still in the process of being developed.
The College is a national College dedicated to supporting relationship counsellors and therapists and advancing the practice of relationship counselling in Australia.
For information and resources on Relationship Counselling, please go the ACRC website
A Leadership Group has been established to lead the College and to plan activities for College members.
Activities may include:
- Providing resources to the community about relationship issues and relationship counselling and psychotherapy
- Building a vibrant community of practitioners who identify as relationship counsellors and psychotherapists.
- Developing and promoting practice standards and guidelines
- Sponsoring and fostering research
- Providing continuing professional development opportunities for all practitioners, including those in regional and rural areas
- Providing opportunities for networking and peer support
How to Join the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors
There are two pathways to membership of the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors:
1. Join PACFA as an individual member and select the Australian College of Relationship Counsellors as your preferred College
Individual PACFA membership includes membership of 1 College so no additional fee is required
2. Join a PACFA Member Association and then join the College
There is an annual membership fee of $85 (inc. GST)
Your level of membership within the College will depend on the training and supervised practice you have completed. For information on the membership requirements for the different level of College membership, please see the Australian College of Relationship Counselling Membership Requirements.