Official Gottman Method Couples Therapy - Level 2 Training
Relationship Institute Australasia
OFFICIAL GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY – LEVEL 2 TRAINING
Continue your Gottman training journey with Australia's only Gottman Master Trainers, Trish Purnell-Webb and John Flanagan. Relationship Institute Australasia is the lead agency in Australia in Gottman training and therapist certification. Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy… Expand your strategies & interventions with couples! Level 2 Training will expand your assessment strategies and intervention techniques. This is the next step toward certification and designation as a Certified Gottman Therapist. At the completion of Level 2 Training, you should have the clinical familiarity, knowledge, and resources to integrate Gottman Method Couples Therapy assessments and interventions into your clinical work with growing confidence.
Building on what you learned in the Level 1 Training - you will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions.
Professional Development & Practical Immersion:
- Take part in interactive presentations.
- Practice using Gottman Interventions in group role-plays; Receive personalized, supportive coaching
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world.
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Engage in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Couples Therapy.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
At the completion of the workshop you will receive an official Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Training Certificateand the opportunity to continue to level 3.
When you register at Relationship Institute Australasia, you also join the growing number of practicing Gottman Therapists in this country to support your ongoing development and learning.
This event counts as 20 hours of category A CPD for PACFA’s membership renewal requirements.
Where: LIVE via ZOOM and Face to Face When: Various dates available
Organisation – Relationship Institute Australasia
For more information – PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GO TO WEBSITE