About the role: As a Mental Health Counsellor with us, your role will involve working with participants to perform a bio-psychosocial assessment, build therapeutic alliances, support client lead decision making and goal setting and ensuring adequate service coordination and transfer of care.
In collaboration with the Therapeutic Alliance consortia’s management and support team, The Buttery will ensure that all interventions will be evidence based such as psycho-education, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy, relaxation strategies, skills training, interpersonal therapy and narrative therapy.
CSS aims to:
• provide timely intervention for those identified as needing either low, moderate or high intensity mental health counselling support according to the stepped care model.
• the CSS model supports those participants aged 16 years and older that identify with a mental health condition or concern.
• work collaboratively with the therapeutic alliance members at hub and spoke location to achieve the alliance’s expectations of high-quality collaboration services
Hours and location: This role is a hub and spoke model meaning support is delivered through a centralised shared hub and support in the surrounding communities. A vehicle is available from a central location for work in the community. The role requires availability to work on some public holidays on a rostered basis. The hours are 35 per week until 31st December 2024 with possibility of extension.
About you (Selection criteria):
1. Degree or higher qualification in counselling with PACFA registration (type of registration to be confirmed)
2. Current and valid Driver's Licence
3. A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check
4. Current COVID vaccination and current First Aid certificate
5. Experience providing psychotherapy and counselling support using a range of interventions such as psycho-education, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectical behavioural therapy, relaxation strategies, skills training, interpersonal therapy and narrative therapy
6. Significant experience with assessments and supporting collaborative decision making.
7. Experience working within the mental health sector with a variety of stakeholders
8. Demonstrated proficiency using the Microsoft suite, a variety of databases and video conferencing tools such as Zoom and Teams.
9. Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity, equal employment opportunity, legislative compliance and workplace health and safety
What’s in it for you:
Enjoy six weeks paid annual leave pro rata with generous NFP salary packaging options
Be rewarded by the life-changing outcomes your work is supporting
The Buttery supports its staff with generous work conditions and benefits - whether its ways to make money go further, a great work culture, recognition of First Nations Peoples, or opportunities to develop skills. The Buttery’s reward package includes:
• Flexible working solutions to support work-life balance. We offer the potential to scale your hours up or down over time.
• Six weeks paid annual leave (pro rata) is provided to spend more time on holiday.
• Internal opportunities to transfer and work in other programs.
• Training and development opportunities.
• Access to external clinical supervision for direct service staff.
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Program includes access to an online wellbeing platform and financial and legal advice, free to staff and their immediate family.
• Salary sacrifice benefits allow a 6-12% increase in take home pay. Staff receive an ATO-approved incentive and can access 15,899 of tax-free salary to pay a mortgage, rent, loan, credit card or school fees.
• A $2,650 meal and accommodation card.
• The ability to package computer, phone, or novated vehicle lease costs.
Find out more: For a position description, see https://www.buttery.org.au/employment-opportunities
For any other queries, please contact [email protected].
This role is remunerated at (SCHCDS Level 5) plus super, with access to salary packaging to potentially increase your take home pay by another 5k).
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above to [email protected].
In your cover letter, please note which role you are interested in and use each of the selection criteria above as a heading and write a brief paragraph under each one addressing it. Unfortunately, applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close: Thursday 25th May 2023 by close of business.
About us: The Buttery is a not-for-profit charitable organisation established in 1973.Through residential and community-based programs, we specialise in the treatment of alcohol and other drug misuse and mental health concerns. Our programs are evidence-based, best-practice and informed by the latest research into addiction treatment. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
The Buttery recognises the benefits that diversity and inclusion bring, and encourages people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and CALD and LGBTIQA+ community members are encouraged to apply.