Teachers Union rebating counselling 

01 March 2023

The Australian Regional Health Group (ARHG) has announced that Teachers Union Health has commenced paying rebates for counselling services, as of 1 January 2023.

To be eligible to provide services under ARHG, you need to:

     • Maintain your PACFA Clinical membership;

     • Hold a qualification specifically in counselling or psychotherapy that is accredited at AQF level 7 to 9


     • Hold an equivalent training for members with advanced professional standing (members who trained more than 15 years ago, and have at least 10 years experience).

Both counsellors and psychotherapists are eligible to become providers.

For PACFA members who meet the above criteria, to request an ARHG Provider Number you must also:

     • be in private practice

     • hold a current Provide First Aid (HLTAID003/011) certificate

     • hold current indemnity insurance

     • renew your PACFA Clinical membership each year

If you already hold an ARHG provider number (previously referred to as Police Health Fund number) you don’t need to do anything – you already hold a provider number for this fund.

Visit PACFA’s webpage on ARHG Health Funds Rebates to learn more and apply to become an ARHG provider.