Bookings are now being taken for PACFA’s new course, Practical Ethics for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, developed in partnership with the Cairnmillar Institute.
Practical Ethics for Counsellors and Psychotherapists counts for 6 hours or 12 points of Continuing Professional Development for the purpose of PACFA Registration renewal.
The course is available as an online course. Participants complete the course at their own pace over a 2 week period using the Moodle e-learning system. There are 4 interactive sessions which run at scheduled times and all participants will need to participate in a minimum of 50% of these sessions. Please contact the PACFA office for interactive timetables.
Teaching and learning approaches include audio-visual materials, case studies, recorded lectures, online communication threads and facilitated discussions.
The key themes covered in the course are:
- Foundations of Ethical Practice – morals, values and ethics
- Stages of Ethical Decision Making – including common ethical traps
- Record Keeping – including record keeping for social media connections
- Dual Relationships – including boundary-crossing and self-reflection
- Confidentiality – including circumstances when it is OK to break confidentiality
- Cultural Sensitivity – strategies for responding to multicultural practice issues
Register online at the Counselling & Psychotherapy Portal.
You must book 7 days prior to commencement of the course to secure a place.
As of 1 July 2016, the course fees are $180 including GST for PACFA registrants and members of PACFA Member Associations. For non-members the course costs $238 including GST.