PACFA has launched a new Strategic Plan for 2016 to 2018. The Plan sets out an ambitious but achievable plan to advance PACFA’s mission in the next three years.
The Strategic Plan was developed by the PACFA Board in Consultation with the PACFA Council and was finalised at the recent PACFA Annual General Meeting.
PACFA’s Strategic Aims:
- Support the individual and organisational members of PACFA and advance their interests
- Strengthen the capacity of PACFA as a peak body for the psychotherapy and counselling profession
- Regulate the profession and the practice of counselling and psychotherapy
- Promote the health and wellbeing of diverse groups in Australian communities
- Lobby government, private health funds and other key stakeholders, and campaign for recognition of counsellors and psychotherapists
- Undertake, support and disseminate counselling and psychotherapy research
- Develop the counselling and psychotherapy workforce to meet the needs of diverse communities
- Consult widely to ensure the views and needs of diverse practitioners and clients are addressed by PACFA’s policies, standards and activities
For a copy of the full Strategic Plan, download the PACFA Strategic Plan 2016-2018.