PACFA has negotiated a Master Insurance Policy with Insurance House for both practitioners and educators.
* The Master Insurance Policy is available to Individual PACFA Members ONLY.
The Master Insurance Policy provides $20,000,000 of professional indemnity cover, $20,000,000 of public and products liability, access to 1 hour of free legal advice per year via the Insurance House advice line and unlimited run-off cover when you retire.
Every member who takes up the Master policy has a limit of up to $20,000,000 for both professional indemnity and public liability cover. As this is a Master Policy taken out by PACFA, the limits are shared with others who also take up the policy. The insurance would be “topped up” in the very unlikely scenario that the limit is reached, so that continuous cover is maintained for all participating members.
- The cost of the Master Policy starts at $160.49 (inc. GST, stamp duty and PACFA admin fee of $11).
- For Registered Psychologists, the cost of the Master Policy starts at $188.54 (inc. GST, stamp duty and PACFA admin. fee of $11).
Download the PACFA Master Information Sheet
Download the PACFA Master Insurance Policy Premiums
** The Master Policy option is the most affordable insurance available which provides a very high level of cover for a very low premium.
Download the Notice to the Proposed Insured which sets out some important facts about this insurance policy.
Apply for PACFA’s Master Insurance Policy
To apply for PACFA’s Master Insurance Policy, Individual Members can apply either:
- At the time of applying for individual PACFA Membership
- At the time of renewing for individual PACFA Membership
- At any other time if you wish to switch to the PACFA Master Policy from your current insurance provider. To Apply at any time, go to the Counselling and Psychotherapy Portal.
*** To apply you must be an Individual PACFA Member.