All advertising is to be in keeping with the objectives of PACFA:
- To maintain high standards of practice, training and ethics in Counselling and Psychotherapy;
- To provide the public with comprehensive information on, and accountability for these professions;
- To promote these professions to the public, government and other appropriate organisations and to provide a national body for consultation as needed;
- To respect the rich diversity of Psychotherapy and Counselling practice;
- To provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas for professionals working in these fields.
Advertising will be accepted at the discretion of the PACFA Executive Committee.
PACFA does not accept any responsibility for, nor does it endorse any advertising material published in PACFA News or in the CPD listing.
No responsibility will be taken if the publication is delayed.
Guidelines for Advertisers
- PACFA will refuse an advertisement if we do not consider it suitable.
- The inclusion of an advertisement in the PACFA eNews or CPD listing does not imply endorsement of the product, the company advertising the product or the service being advertised.
- Advertisers are required to pay for advertisements in full at the time of booking advertisements. Payments should be forwarded with the completed Booking Form and a receipt will be issued promptly.
- Please ensure you choose the correct advertising option and related fee as we do not offer refunds. Credit towards future advertising is available in the case of over payment or missed deadlines etc.
- Cancellation of advertising bookings after the booking deadline will incur a fee of 50% of the advertising fee.
- Amendments to advertisements before or after the booking deadline will incur a fee of $25.00.
- Amendments to advertisements designed by PACFA will incur a fee of $25.00.
- It is the responsibility of the advertiser to ensure that they do not offer products and/or services that are unsafe or defective.
- Advertisers are responsible for complying with the relevant Australian guidelines for advertising their products and must be able to substantiate any claims made.
- Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that all claims about goods and services are accurate, and are not to claim that goods and/or services have any special sponsorship or affiliation that they do not have.
- When advertising the price of goods or services, the total cash price, including GST, must be provided. The full price, including any commissions, charges, or postage and handling must be shown.
- Advertisers should not advertise goods or services at a specified price if they are aware, or should be aware, that they are unable to supply reasonable quantities at that price for a reasonable period. Advertisers must not make false or misleading representations about the products and/or services being advertised. Misleading behaviour includes any kind of conduct or behaviour in business that could give a customer the wrong impression or may potentially breach the Trade Practices Act.
- Disclaimers should be specific, clear and highly visible.
- Advertisers do not exert any influence on the editorial content, selection of content or presentation of material in the PACFA eNews or CPD listing.
- Where an advertisement contains links to third party websites, PACFA does not review or control the content of the third party websites and is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained, or the views expressed, in those sites. Advertisers that supply information to those sites, or that access third party products and services, do so at their own risk.
- Advertisers should not accept payment if they know, or should know, that they cannot provide the kind of goods or services promised.
- Comparative advertising is acceptable as long as it is legal, truthful and does not mislead in any way.
- When the disclosure of qualifying information is necessary to prevent an advertisement from being deceptive, the information should be presented clearly and conspicuously so that consumers can actually notice and understand it.
The PACFA eNews Advertising Policy may be revised periodically.
Click here to go back to the eNews advertising rates & information page
Click here to go back to the CPD event listing information page
Download a copy of the Advertising Policy and Guidelines