PACFA is calling for nominations for the following Board positions:
- President (must be an existing Board member)
- Vice President
- Counselling Representative
- Psychotherapy Representative
Since the new PACFA structure was approved, the election of these six Board positions is now the responsibility of the Member Congress.
Elections will take place at the PACFA Annual General and Member Congress Meeting which takes place on 8 October 2016 at 10.00am.
Eligibility to nominate for the PACFA Board
To nominate for the PACFA Board, Nominees must be Eligible Members of the PACFA Member Congress. Eligible Members are members with voting rights on the Member Congress (as outlined in the PACFA Constitution) by virtue of being:
(a) An Individual Member of PACFA who meets the PACFA Training Standards (i.e. Provisional or Clinical Membership)
(b) A Member of a PACFA Member Association who meets the PACFA Training Standards (i.e. MA membership equivalent to PACFA Provisional or Clinical membership)
(c) A PACFA Board Member
(d) A Chair of PACFA Standing Committee
Nominees must also meet the following requirements under the PACFA Constitution:
Nominees must be a current member of the PACFA Board
Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer
Nominees must be eligible for PACFA clinical registration and of good standing within the counselling and psychotherapy profession.
Nominees must be qualified counsellors who are eligible for PACFA clinical registration and of good standing within the counselling profession.
Nominees must be qualified psychotherapists who are eligible for PACFA clinical registration and of good standing within the psychotherapy profession.
How to nominate for the PACFA Board
1. Review the Position Description for the Board position or positions for which you wish to nominate.
2. Ask another Eligible Member of the Member Congress to nominate you
3. Complete the Board Nomination Form
4. Both you and your nominator must sign the Board Nomination Form
5. As the nominee, you are requested to provide a Candidate Statement of up to 300 words, outlining your qualifications and experience and why you wish to nominate for the Board
6. Return the Board Nomination Form to the PACFA Office at email@example.com by the due date of 24 September 2016.