PACFA opened a new membership category of Affiliated Organisation from January 2016.
To view the PACFA Affiliated Organisations, go to the Affiliated Organisations page.
Benefits of Affiliated Organisation membership
Affiliated Organisations are non-voting organisational members PACFA. Affiliated Organisations wish to be affiliated with PACFA in order to access the following benefits:
1. Observer status at PACFA Council meetings which provides the opportunity to:
- Attend PACFA Council meetings twice a year to discuss PACFA policy and strategy
- Build networks with other organisations in the counselling and psychotherapy field
- Contribute to the development of policy and strategy for the counselling and psychotherapy profession
2. Member discounts for employees and volunteers:
- Member rates on PACFA professional development events and conferences
- Member rates on professional journals
3. The opportunity to be affiliated with the leading body for the counselling and psychotherapy profession in Australia, including:
- Access to PACFA’s expertise in counselling and psychotherapy practice, ethics and research
- Support to raise your standards of practice and ethics in counselling and psychotherapy
- A pathway for professional associations to access full organisational membership of PACFA as a Member Association or to join PACFA structurally as a PACFA College or Branch
- A pathway for training providers to prepare for accreditation of their counselling or psychotherapy training programs by PACFA
4. The opportunity to support PACFA as the peak body for counselling and psychotherapy in Australia.
The requirements to join PACFA as an Affiliated Organisations are:
1. To be an organisation connected in any way with counselling and psychotherapy;
2. To make a declaration as to the size of the organisation;
3. To pay the annual membership fee; and
4. To abide by the PACFA Constitution.
Affiliated Organisation membership is open to a range of organisations:
- Higher Education Providers in counselling and/or psychotherapy
- Other Training Provider in counselling and/or psychotherapy
- Professional Association for counsellors and/or psychotherapists
- Organisation providing counselling or psychotherapy services
- Organisation using counselling skills in the provision of other services
To join PACFA as an Affiliated Organisation, download and complete the Application Form – Affiliated Organisation.
For the fees to join as an Affiliated Organisation, please see the PACFA Fee Schedule.
The first year’s membership fee is payable at the time of application. There is a pro-rata fee for 6 months for applications received between October and March. Membership renewals are due by 30 June each year.