Date(s) - 03/03/2017 - 04/03/2017
The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania
Somatic Therapy Workshop
The Tasmanian Branch of PACFA is holding a Two-Day Professional Development Workshop.
This workshop, presented by Marianne Kennedy offers an introduction to contemporary understandings of the mind/brain/body relationship and will enable you to develop new skills in attuning to and working with your own and your clients’ somatic experience within the therapeutic relationship. We will particularly consider embodied approaches to working relationally with the psychobiological effects of trauma.
• Deepen your awareness of your own moment-to-moment somatic experience
• Learn ways of recognizing different embodied patterns of emotional and energetic organization
• Extend your ability to consciously attune to and ‘read’ your own and your clients’
• embodied experience and non-verbal communications and use this awareness within the clinical exchange
• Increase your understanding of the processes of self and interactive emotional regulation, especially when working with the effects of trauma
There will be opportunity for experiential exploration and skills practice as well as discussion of case material. References and readings will be provided.
Register before 20 February 2017 to take advantage of the Early Bird Special and receive a $10 discount.
Members $170 (inc. GST)
Non-members $190 (inc. GST)
All students: $90 (inc. GST)
Friday 3rd March 2017 5:30pm – 9:00pm
Saturday 4th March 2017 9:30am – 5:30pm
This event counts as 10 hours (20 points) of category A CPD for PACFA’s membership renewal requirements
Please Register via the PACFA Portal