PACFA Conference 2012
|Registration now open|
|Registrations are now open for the 2012 PACFA Conference. To register, download the Registration Form.|
Theme: What Works? An exploration of effectiveness in counselling and psychotherapy
Venue: Treacy Centre, The Avenue, Parkville, Melbourne
Date: Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 October 2012 with pre-conference workshop on 26 October
This year’s keynote speakers will be:
• Professor Robert King PhD, FAPS - What does the evidence tell us about evidence-based practice?
• A. Roy Bowden MSW (Hons) MNZAP - Moving beyond ‘self’ and ‘the other’ to discover what works
The two day event includes presentations and workshops from the following leaders in the field:
• Professor Russell Grigg - Psychoanalysis for the 21st century: A Lacanian looks at the challenges we face
• Dr. Catherine Hungerford - What works in Mental Health?
• Dr. Pam Stavropoulos - Trauma Informed Care
• Dr. Cath McGrath - The research evidence of the Conversational Model: A Clinician's view
• Christina Nielsen - Holistic counselling and psychotherapy effectiveness
• Claire Taubert: - Co- emergent change: how it works - a case study
• Dr. Keith Tudor - Transactional Analysis works: The evidence base for Transactional Analysis and the basis of evidence for therapy
• Dr. Michelle Webster - Emotional Signatures in Emotionally Focused Therapy: What, When, Where and How?
|*Early bird discount is for registrations received before September 28th 2012|
Attendance at the PACFA conference will count towards professional development for PACFA’s renewal requirements.
|This conference is supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.|