The Professional Practice Committee (PPC) provides a forum that ensures consistency of policy and procedure across the standing committees of PACFA established to oversee training standards, ethical practice, professional development and the PACFA National Register and course accreditation.
The PPC provides advice to the PACFA Board on issues that are core to the objects of PACFA.
They include but are not limited to the following:
Contribution to research priorities on the evidence base of counselling and psychotherapy
- Formulation, monitoring and review of standards of ethical behaviour
- Formulation, monitoring and review of standards of training and education
- Representing the views of member associations on standards and practice issues
- Overseeing professional development initiatives and activities
- Coordinating the provision of relevant information on practitioner qualifications
- Liaison with other relevant national and international organisations
- Consistency of interpretation of PACFA standards for training, ethical practice, registration and course accreditation.
Download the Professional Practice Committee – Terms of Reference
Committee Chair: Dr Paul McQuillan (Education Program Accreditation Committee Chair)
Ph D, Psy D
Dr Paul McQuillan is a Counsellor and Therapist with Anglicare South Queensland, Coordinator of Research with Catholic Education and Director of Lifechange Therapies where he teaches the Advanced Diploma of Logotherapy. Dr McQuillan is an Honorary Fellow of the Australian Catholic University and a Faculty member of the Victor Frankl Institute of Logotherapy. He is on the editorial board of various international journals. He currently chairs PACFA’s Education Programme Accreditation Committee.
Professor Denis O’Hara (Professional Standards Committee Chair)
Simone Falvey-Behr (Ethics Committee Chair)
Rob Salmon (Professional Development Committee Chair)
For enquiries about the Professional Practice Committee, please contact the PPC Chair.